Oasis Hub Oldham have two new opportunities for Youth Workers to work on Thursday evenings alongside the Hub team to deliver a programme of activities and opportunities that support the personal and social development of the young people within the local community based in Oldham.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Supporting the Hub Team to deliver a full youth programme at our Thursday evening youth club session
• Delivering activities that empower young people and encourage personal and social development
• Contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of the youth work curriculum
• Support young people to engage in volunteering and leadership opportunities
The successful post holder must have:
• A relevant professional qualification in Youth and Community work (Level 3 or above)
• Experience working in a youth/community setting alongside other statutory and voluntary organisations
• Be self-motivated, resilient, with excellent organisational/administrative and inter-personal skills
• Knowledge of safeguarding practices and health and safety
As part of the package, Oasis offers:
• Extra sessional hours may be available on top of the core hours
• A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
• A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays) pro rata
The post is for a one year fixed term contract.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
Oasis are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff are expected to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Interviews will take place in Salford on Thursday 20 September 2018.
For an application pack, email: firstname.lastname@example.org