Established by the community in 1977, Cheetham Hill Advice Centre (CHAC) is a busy neighbourhood advice centre in Manchester providing face-to-face legal advice to residents.
CHAC is an incorporated charity and want to recruit a Treasurer to join their board of trustees. All trustees volunteer their time to support the centre manager and staff team. The Treasurer provides financial oversight of the charity.
Key roles Include:
• making sure the charity keeps proper accounts
• reviewing the charity’s financial performance
• ensuring that the charity has robust and effective financial controls in place
• reporting on financial matters to the members, in a membership charity
CHAC are looking for someone who:
• Believes in social justice and who works in a genuinely collaborative way
• Has some experience of, or training in finance/ accounting (particularly experience of Quickbooks or similar)
• Is interested in being in the post for at least a year
Start date: 31/10/2018
Hours: Variable - must be able to commit to monthly board meetings: (First Monday of the month, 6.00-7.30 pm at CHAC)
Salary: Voluntary position
If you would like a short informal discussion before deciding whether to apply contact the office on 0161 740 2461 to make an appointment to speak to the Manager, Sinéad
To apply send a CV to Karin Stamp at: firstname.lastname@example.org