Manchester Cares would like to introduce: Winter Wellbeing, their brand new, easy way to refer to their network.
If you know an older neighbour, who is over 65 and could benefit from their support get in touch.
• Winter Wellbeing is a project to help older neighbours, over 65, stay warm, active, healthy and connected during the coldest months of the year. In summary Manchester Cares can support older neighbours by:
- Delivering blankets and warm clothing to their door
- Support those who are in difficult circumstances to small financial grants
- Help people access healthcare and connect them to organisations that could reduce their bills
- Inviting people to 15 free Social Clubs a month, and signposting to other local activities
- Introducing those who struggle to get out and about to Love Your Neighbour
• Love Your Neighbour - The simplest way to refer an older neighbour to Love Your Neighbour, a one-to-one friendship programme.
• Good News Story – The Love Your Neighbour programme has seen 10 new friendships blossom. Read all about Jim and Becky’s new-found friendship and why Jim said “It is a true privilege to have Becky as a friend.”
For further information, visit: www.manchestercares.org.uk or @ManchesterCares