This course will explore the theories and applications of all the elements that constitute a group setting. We will look at the roles we play, how personalities and communication skills have the potential to forge positive relationships or equally to be negative and destructive.
This course will enable participants to:-
- Recognise people’s needs and how these influence group dynamics
- Audit the skills of group members
- Understand the types of behaviours that are particularly helpful in their tenant groups and committees
- Know how to plan and manage tasks and activities in groups
- Know how to use disagreement constructively and manage conflict
Course Tutors: Juliette Yardley
Quality training for volunteers at a value price with follow on grants to help your groups.
Cost: £50 for first participant; £20 for each additional participant from same group on same course. Cost includes single en-suite accomodation for the duration of the course, all meals and refreshments. Groups may apply for a small grant to help take things forward after attending on a course.