Who is it for?
This workshop is for anyone who trains other people to help them broaden their skills, knowledge and behaviour. You don’t have to be a ‘trainer’ or ‘teacher’ to attend, just someone interested in helping others to develop themselves.
What will I learn?
This workshop will give you the essential skills, knowledge and understanding of a trainer’s role when delivering to learners: from planning and preparation, and teaching methods and training resources, to getting feedback and record keeping.
By the end of the workshop you’ll be able to:
- Define learning and describe how different people learn
- Describe the training cycle
- Explain how to identify training needs
- Write clear aims and objectives
- List the factors to consider when preparing for a training event
- Demonstrate co-operative training delivery skills
- Explain the importance of training records
- Devise a personal action plan
How will I learn?
During the workshop you’ll learn by taking part in:
- Whole and sub-group discussion with practical activities
- Q&A sessions
- Self-reflection activities to think about how you’ll apply what you’ve learned to a wider context
This workshop will be delivered by Angela Colebrook, Learning & Development Manager at the Co-operative College.
If the cost of this workshop is an issue for you or your organisation we welcome bursary applications - please find details here
Individual and Organisational members are entitled to 15% off the price of a standard ticket for this course. Just enter the code at checkout.
Not an individual member? Join from as little as £4 per month. See more about our membership offer