This is a one-day course delivered by members of the Manchester Safeguarding Children Board Training Pool. You should attend this course if you are in contact with children and young people and with adults who are parents and carers.
This course covers the mandatory requirements of basic awareness training required for all those working with children and young people. It should be refreshed every 3 years. Completion of this course meets the entry level requirements for all other MSCB courses.
Cut Off Date For Applications: 03/06/2019
To develop the knowledge and ability of professionals in order that they may recognise and deal effectively with safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Recognise the different ways in which children and young people can be abused.
- Discuss what to do if you believe a child is being abused.
- Understand the levels of need and responses in Manchester.
- Discuss Early Help Strategy
- Develop an awareness of the statutory guidance and legislation in relation to information sharing.
- Understand each others roles and responsibilities to increase effective communication and multi-agency working.
- Complete an MSCB Training Course Action Plan
Bookings must be made in advance.
Bookings can be made via: https://training.manchesterscb.org.uk/introduction-to-safeguarding-children-and-young-people-course-2529