A two hour new refugee awareness session delivered by Annabelle Britton - British Red Cross.
Aimed at anyone who wants to raise their awareness because they have a general interest or would like to support refugee and asylum seeking people to volunteer at their organisation.
The session will:
- Reflect on when you have met people who are seeking asylum or have refugee status (if ever)
- Become familiar with some reasons people flee their home country; the local and global context
- Understand the definitions of asylum seeking and refugee persons
- Basic understanding of the asylum process
- Volunteering a right for all
Booking is essential - click here to be taken to the online registration page.