Press coverage continues to shine a light on charities, their culture and the central role of their Trustees. With the introduction of the Charity Governance, Fundraising, Ethical and Digital Codes, legal changes such as the automatic disqualification rules and the focus on charities’ accountability, the need for Trustees to keep themselves updated on their responsibilities has never been more important. Our Trustee Essentials course is in two parts. It highlights and emphasises the key responsibilities of a charity Trustee, the important current issues for charities and what Trustees need to be focusing on now and in the future.
This course is run by the Crowe UK Not for profit team and will help Trustees tackle the increasing pressures and demands placed on their role, including but not limited to:
Session one – is being run on 9 April and 17 September
• what Boards need to focus on to meet new challenges, changing regulations and greater scrutiny
• 'apply or explain' recommendations and the Charity Governance Code
• insights gained from Charity Commission case reports
• understanding charity accounts and reports and making them tell the story.
Session two – is being run on 16 April and 24 September
• risk management as a strategic enabler for charities
• developing a reserves policy and managing reserves effectively
• emerging issues update.
Trustees may choose to attend session 1, session 2 or both
For further information and to register, visit: www.crowe.com/uk/croweuk/events