This is a one day training course aimed at practitioners who work with couples and their relationships.
CPD certificates provided.
The day covers the following:
• An introduction to the law governing coercive and controlling behaviour in intimate relationships, including forced marriage, so called ‘honour based’ violence, stalking and harassment
• An understanding of the likely psychological impact of coercive and controlling behaviour in intimate relationships
• An outline of the risk factors which indicate the potential for serious harm to or murder of clients in coercive and controlling relationships
• Identifying this pattern of behaviour; taking the ‘ordinary’ things we hear in counselling, interpreting and reinterpreting them
• Identifying next steps for counsellors to take to safeguard vulnerable clients;
• The role of the other agencies that will actively safeguard victims
Book by the end of December for the Early Bird price
For further information and to book a place, visit: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/understanding-coercive-and-controlling-behaviour-in-intimate-relationships-tickets-51804814595