‘Love What You Do’ (Manchester) is a 'Not for Profit' organisation created to provide opportunities for local people within the region to access training related to gaining employment.
Individuals are eligible for free distance-learning online training and workshops, enabling them to obtain key employability skills and attributes, such as CV writing and interview skills. Workshops are facilitated by a member of the ‘Love What You Do’ (Manchester) team, either over the phone or by utilising 'Skype', 'WhatsApp' or 'Facebook Messenger', for convenience, to reduce travel costs, and to adhere to social-distancing measures currently in force.
Aim - To provide learners with the necessary knowledge and skills to
- Be able to construct an effective Curriculum Vitae that provides the best possible opportunity to be considered as a suitable candidate for a particular job-role
Objectives - To provide learners with an awareness and understanding of
- Best practice when designing and producing a CV layout
- Best practice when designing and producing CV content
- The benefits of a range of CV designs
- The benefits of utilising particular language within the content of a CV
- Potential ‘pitfalls’ and common mistakes made during CV production
- Additional support that can be obtained during CV production
- How to go about improving an existing CV
- The necessity to continually updated an existing CV