This one hour Zoom session will give you space to chill out and have a creative play and mess around with whatever art materials you have to hand, even if that is the back of an envelope and a ball point pen.
In the workshop, Gemma will guide you through mindful meditations and simple art making to move from the busyness of the mind to the expansive, restful space of the heart connecting with your creative playful side.
No previous experience of art making or mindfulness needed. The workshop lasts an hour. It is delivered by Gemma via Zoom with a max of 20 participants. We suggest that you have the following art materials to hand so you can fully join in this interactive workshop.
- A computer or smartphone with a webcam (most computers and smartphones have one built in), wifi connection and access to Zoom (free version is fine)
- During the sessions, find a comfy, quiet space where you won’t be disturbed and no one will see your screen
- Use headphones with a mic if possible
- Have your camera on so we can all see each other
- Gather any art materials you have, just a pen and paper is fine, more if you have them is up to you
- You'll also need a small pot of water and either some essential oil, perfume, aftershave or hand wash.
We can't wait to share this gorgeous hour of mindful art self-care time with you. Book your free place now via our registration page.
About Owl and The Coconut
The Owl and The Coconut is a Manchester based Community Interest Company and was founded by Gemma Bowden in 2016. MAPS: Mindful Art Practice is our flagship, trademarked course, designed and delivered by the directors of The Owl and The Coconut, Gemma Bowden and Pam Allen. Combined, we have over 40 years of experience in helping people overcome symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression. We lead from the heart, drawing on our wealth of personal and professional experience. To connect to our inner wisdom to live intentional lives. It's our passion to share mindful art with you so you too can move from living in the head, to living from the heart . Living a life rooted in mindful creativity and compassion for the benefit of all.·