Greater Manchester was selected as one of 12 Local Delivery Pilots by Sport England in December 2017 following a competitive 12-month application process.
The pilot endeavours to increase and remodel engagement in health, wellbeing and exercise in Manchester by placing community at the heart of design and delivery. We are looking for local people who are interested in and passionate about the health and wellbeing of their community to shape and lead a new innovative programme.
What to expect
- Info on Manchester's Local Pilot geographies and audiences of focus
- Meet and engage with stakeholders
- Tailor the Manchester Local Pilot delivery
- Build networks
- Shape support and grant packages – Through a community-focused approach, the Pilot will harness a culture of positive attitudes towards physical activity ensuring sustainability beyond any organisation, individual or season. Phase one: mapping and engagement will be followed by a test and learn of community ideas as part of ‘phase two’
- Ideas exchange
The Manchester Local Pilot will focus on several key locations and themes. It is not required that participants be based in the following locations but it is expected that participants work within the locations and themes.
- Ancoats and Beswick
- Clayton and Openshaw
- Miles Platting and Newton Heath
- Woodhouse Park
- Children and young people aged 5-18 in out-of-school settings
- People out of work, and people in work but at risk of becoming workless
- People aged 40-60 with, or at risk of, long term conditions: specifically, cancer, cardiovascular disease and respiratory disorders
- People with Learning Disabilities
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org