HideOut Youth Zone’s state-of-the-art £6.6m facility opened in September 2020 to provide an engaging and inspiring place for thousands of young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 for those with additional needs) to spend their leisure time. Open 7-nights a week, 52-weeks a year plus school holidays, the Youth Zone’s incredible facilities include a 3G pitch, skate park, 30ft climbing wall, boxing/mixed martial arts gym, 4-court sports hall, sensory room, fitness suite, recreation area and dance, arts, music and media suites and much more.
Manchester has higher than the national average rates of young people 16-18 who are NEET but the Covid 19 pandemic has only intensified this issue and increased risks of young people not securing a positive post 16 destination. This new exciting role within HideOut Youth Zones management team, will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to establish and shape the youth zone’s employment and enterprise offer. This offer will not only target those young people locally aged 16-18 who are not in employment education or training (NEET) but also develop an early universal information advice and guidance service for young people aged 13+ in parallel with our core youth work offer.
- Have extensive experience of delivering Employability and Enterprise activities to young people aged 8 to 19 (or up to 25 for those with additional needs) in a variety of settings
- Be able to engage vulnerable, disengaged or hard to reach young people
- Have experience of managing partnerships with employers and training providers
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to young people and have the ability to engage and build positive relationships
- Be passionate about the aims and mission of HideOut Youth Zone and East Manchester
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the HideOut team and to help to create a long-lasting legacy for young people in the area.
In accordance with Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, the position requires an enhanced DBS check.
Interview date: Week commencing 7 June 2021, date TBC
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack click here