Creative Support are looking for an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead Officer to join their organisation in this exciting new opportunity to lead on anti-racist initiatives and creating an active culture of inclusion.
Creative Support are a busy and dynamic national health and social care charity with a track record in providing person centred and empowering support services. Across England Creative Support support over 7000 people and have a workforce of over 5000 staff from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures and identities.
As EDI Lead Officer, you have a key role in impacting positive action across our organisation, working closely with the executive team and senior managers in fully embedding active anti-racist practice.
Your role will include:
- Leading on the Anti-Racism Manifesto and continued development of operational action plans
- Direct delivery of actions and initiatives
- Acting as a key point of contact for guidance, advice and wellbeing support around anti-racist practice
- Offering peer support, facilitating open and closed affinity networks and staff discussion as part of scoping priorities
- Acting as an important advocate for anti-racism and developing a genuine culture of inclusivity and belonging for staff and all the people Creative Support support
You will be compassionate, engaging and empathic, and be able to bring a strong knowledge and experience of anti-racism, equity and inclusion concepts and best practice.
The role will be flexible to ensure that you are able to utilise your expertise and lived experience to identify and scope initiatives that will have a real impact and prevent tokenistic action.
You will have an active support network within the senior team and from the existing EDI staff leads, and be fully supported to access relevant external networks, training and continuous professional development opportunities.
You will have a national remit, working from the friendly Head Office in Stockport. There is also flexibility for part time hours to work around school hours, caring commitments or other needs as required.