Saheli supports women and children experiencing domestic abuse, from Black Asian and Minority communities. Saheli (meaning friend) is committed to creating a safe space, providing culturally sensitive support, language assistance and a voice and identity to Black and Minoritised women facing violence in their lives.
To support Asian women and their children fleeing domestic abuse at the Refuges.
Working with Black, Asian and Minoritised women and their children fleeing domestic abuse, forced marriage and honour-based violence including migrant women with no recourse to public funds within the refuge provision by:
- Providing emotional and practical support
- Running activities
- Provide telephone advice and support via Saheli`s Helpline
- Joint working with other organisations (statutory and voluntary)
- Office administration
- Weekly key working sessions
- Risk assessment plans
- Housing management support
- Providing support in moving on from the refuge into local authority/private housing
Skills, abilities and qualities:
- Strong connection to the work with vulnerable Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee women
- Demonstrate ability to be non-judgmental
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Display good listening skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good observation skills
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Please note: This post is open to women who define themselves as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic. It is exempt under the following acts: Genuine Occupational Requirement in accordance with the Race Relations Act 1976 (Amendment) Regulations 2003 (Section 4A) and the sex Discrimination Act 1975 (Amended) (Section 7).
Contract: 12 months
For more information or an application pack email: email@example.com