Would you like to get involved with supporting and developing the thriving voluntary sector in Manchester?
Macc is a charity which works with the voluntary and community sector in Manchester. Macc are a growing organisation in terms of size, turnover, reputation and influence.
Macc want to recruit new members to their board, to strengthen the diversity of their membership and bring a fresh new approach to their work.
By becoming a Trustee of Macc you will be joining the organisation at a pivotal moment in its development. These are exciting times for Macc as their role in the City evolves.
Macc are looking for people who:
• Are interested in the development of a thriving voluntary and community sector in Manchester
• Share their values and are connected to local communities
• Have ‘on the ground’ experience in the voluntary and community sector
• Are keen to develop new skills and are interested in developing a leadership role
• Are able to commit an average of one day per month to Macc
• Expertise in marketing / accountancy / law / human resources is particularly welcome
Macc can offer:
• An opportunity for personal and professional development, working alongside other leaders in the local voluntary sector
• The benefit of their many years’ experience of social issues in Manchester
• An opportunity for you to share in their success and influence their future
• To share with you what they have learned from their own development and expansion
• Travel and subsistence expenses, flexible and accessible meeting times, childcare expenses
• A friendly and value driven environment
As an organisation committed to equalities, Macc are keen to ensure that their Board reflects the diversity of the local sector and communities and particularly welcomes applications form people with a background in working with BME communities and organisations.
Macc are currently looking to bring a maximum of four new members onto their board. As it’s important to support people joining the Board to develop their understanding of the organisations, Macc will be increasing their board membership in two stages with a second round of recruitment later in the year.
For an informal discussion, contact Mike Wild, Director, on 0161 834 9823.
For further information, visit: www.macc.org.uk/macc/board.php.
To apply for an application pack contact Pauline Clark, on 0161 834 9823, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.