Forever Manchester has teamed up with Localgiving.com to provide other charities and community groups across Greater Manchester with an opportunity to find new sources of funding and to engage with their local community online.
The new website www.localgiving.com provides charities and voluntary groups with their own web page, which will allow groups to upload information and news about their group, as well as create fundraising web pages to raise their own funds. This is an opportunity for groups and charities who would like to have an online presence, but find that creating a website is too expensive.
Localgiving.com is also the only website where unregistered charities are able to register and receive Gift Aid on donations made online.
There are many more benefits to joining Localgiving.com, for example your charity or group will have access to:
• A web page you can easily update
• Powerful search facilities, including postcode and distance search, for supporters to find you easily online
• The tools to fundraise and receive donations online and communicate directly with supporters who care about the same issues as you
• Automated Gift Aid (currently 25%) on all donations provided the donor pays sufficient UK tax
• New sources of unrestricted funding
• Your own unique web address
• A dedicated Help Desk to assist you
The first 3 months on Localgiving.com are free, after which there is a £60 + VAT (£72 in total) annual charge.
Furthermore, Forever Manchester and Localgiving.com will be running promotions on the website throughout the year, such as Match Funds, which mean that any online donations made in the promotional period can be matched – doubling the amount your charity or group will receive.
If your group would like to join Localgiving.com contact Forever Manchester by email at: email@example.com detailing the name of your group, the main contact and the email address that you wish to receive further communications to.
The team at Forever Manchester will then validate your group and you will then receive an invitation to join the Localgiving.com website.
For further information, visit: http://forevermanchester.com/news/forever-manchester-teams-up-with-localgiving-com/, or contact 0161 214 0940, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.