Free training for anyone volunteering, or wishing to, in North Manchester or East Salford.
A training course to help you improve your skills and confidence in community engagement, leadership, organising, networking and developing community groups.
The 6 session course will help participants:
- Be more effective to communal leaders and communicators
- Understand how to build a network of people and resources
- Understand how community groups form and work
- Be able to create organisations that tackle community needs and represent their interests
- Promote community cohesion and social action
- Involve people in community activities
The course will be delivered through interactive weekly sessions, with participants completing worksheets to evidence their learning. It will be both in person (adhering to social distancing rules) and on Zoom. Participants can choose which option to follow.
The training is free and open to anyone volunteering, or wanting to volunteer, with community groups and enthusiastic to develop their skills and communities.
See attached leaflet for further details.
See attached leaflet