This course will give an overview and understanding of charity governance, regulation and best practice.
These sessions offer unique networking opportunities with other trustees and access to our knowledgeable expert trainers.
Session 1: Role and responsibilities of trustees | Tuesday 2 November (10.00 until 13.00)
Session 2: Achieving good governance | Friday 5 November (10.00 until 13.00)
By the end of the course you will:
- understand what governance and trusteeship are
- know who the trustees are and what they do
- understand the personal liabilities of trustees and the protection available
- be able to identify and implement principles of good charity governance
- consider how to govern in the current climate and work with your fellow trustees to agree ways of working as a board.
Who should attend?
Anyone who’s new to governance and trusteeship or existing trustees and senior staff who would benefit from a refresher course. This course could also form part of an induction for a new trustee,
Visit NCVO website for further information and booking.