Voluntary Team Leader for volunteers
Time for the opportunity:
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation (e.g. Monday Morning)
The Widows Empowerment Trust is a charity dedicated to tackling loneliness and social isolation within the widowed community
We feel that no one should have to grieve alone which is why this volunteer vacancy for Team Leader/coordinator is vital to secure the support that our clients
We require compassionate individuals with leadership skill who can manage a group of befriending volunteers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with the Befriending assessor to match volunteers to clients that they have requested
- Ensuring that you have the hours of the volunteers for the week ahead and organise their diaries for client visits.
- Ensuring that the volunteers are contacted the day before to remind them of client appointments
- Checking on the welfare of the volunteers.
- Going back over the list of volunteers to see if they would like to commit to more hours
- Updating volunteer lists
- Getting in touch with inactive volunteers to see if they would like to become active.
- Being the first point of call for the volunteers if any issues arise.
- Be willing to visits clients on occasions.
- Keep in regular contact with the volunteers.
As this is a client facing role, you will need to have a cleared DBS or be happy for us to apply for one.
This role would suit someone who is willing to take on responsibility as a team leader as you will be managing volunteers. Anyone that is on a career break or looking for work experience in the field of social care sector or looking to add leadership skills to their working skills then please do get in touch.
We do expect the individual to be committed to this volunteering role as it is vital to secure the support that clients are after.
If you are willing to make a difference to someone who is suffering from loneliness and social isolation, then please apply for this position!
Leadership skills, ability to priortise tasks, self-starter, work independently as well as in a team.