Time for the opportunity:
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation (e.g. Monday Morning)
Home Start Manchester Work To Help & Support Families During Times Of Need!
About the role:
All our volunteers must be parents themselves or have parenting experience. This enables them to empathise and with families and provide peer support, parent-to-parent. They are friendly and approachable and can be relied on and trusted by parents to listen without being judgmental, and to respect the needs of each individual family, providing a confidential service.
All our volunteers:
- Have an interview with a Co-ordinator
- Complete 6 online training modules
- Attend 2 days 'wrap around' training (9:30am - 2:45pm). This fully prepares volunteers for their role and the situations they may come across when supporting families.
- Receive lots of support from a designated Co-ordinator both during the training and after, when they are supporting families.
- Can access free additional training and social events throughout the year
- Receive all out of pocket expenses incurred while volunteering for Home-Start
Volunteering is great way to gain skills and experience, or simply to give back to your community if you have a little time to spare!
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Home-Start volunteer, you will be matched with a local family. We take great care to ensure that you will get on well, to the best of our ability!
You will provide a weekly support visit to your family (school holidays excluded if required) - the type of support each family needs will be different, and may vary week to week. You might play games with the young children while Mum or Dad gets some chores done, or help the family get out to the park, or go shopping. Or it might be as simple as having a brew and a chat with a parent who wishes to talk.
Your wishes and aptitudes as a volunteer will be fully taken into account, so that you are able to provide the family with the best possible support.
Qualifications and Skills
No formal qualifications are required.
All expenses incurred as a volunteer are fully reimbursed. You'll have access to a range of free further training to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Hours: 2 per week
- parenting: 1 year (preferred)
If this role interests you please apply now.