As part of this year’s Spirit of Manchester Festival we are launching a photo competition in order to capture the memorable moments taking place across the festival period.
The festival is a first for Manchester and has been created to celebrate the work of Manchester’s vibrant Voluntary and Community Sector. There is a calendar of events organised by voluntary and community groups creating a city-wide showcase of their talent and creativity in order to entertain and to let you know who they are and what they do. This is also an opportunity to raise awareness for any support they may need from their local communities.
All events are free and you will get the chance to meet some amazing people who are working in communities and neighbourhoods all across the city.
So come along to and show us what the Spirit of Manchester means to you. Macc is inviting people who live, work or study in Manchester to join in the Festival by capturing the fantastic moments that take place. The photographs will help to create the lasting impact of the Festival and show the amazing groups and activities taking place in communities and neighbourhoods all across the city. Come and get involved and send in your photographs!
For a full list of our festival events click here
The competition will be judged by a panel of some and Manchester’s creative minds and the overall winner of the competition will win:
• A professionally mounted copy of the winning photograph
• £25 Gift Voucher
• A winner’s certificate
• The photo will be featured in Macc’s 2015 Annual Report
How to enter
• Send up to two photos by email to [email protected]
• Put ‘Spirit of Manchester Photo Competition’ in the email
• Include your name, your contact details
• Say when and where the photo was taken
• Do not email links to photo sharing websites: we will not open them
• We’d love you to share photos online under the hashtag #SpiritofMcr14Fest but only those emailed directly to us will be entered into the competition
• Closing date: 30 September 2014, 10pm
Terms and Conditions
• The competition is only open to amateur photographers
• Entries must not have been offered for sale or have won other competitions
• Entries must have been taken within the city of Manchester during September 2014
• You can enter a maximum of two photographs
• Photos can be in colour or black and white
• Editing and post-processing are allowed
• Only entries supplied as reasonably high-quality digital files will be considered. (Typically, this would be a JPEG with a minimum size of 1MB and maximum of 6MB.
• Winners will be selected by a panel of judges
• The contest submissions will be judged based on the creativity, originality and in accordance to the theme
• We regret that we do not have capacity to contact unsuccessful entrants and we cannot give feedback on any of the entries be provided
• By submitting your images, you:
o Confirm that it is your own work
o Agree that Macc may use them in the future, free of charge, in promoting voluntary and community activity in Manchester. Macc will ensure you are credited as the originator of the work
For more information regarding the festival please contact [email protected]