Manchester Science Festival - Events Volunteers
Time for the opportunity:
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation (e.g. Monday Morning)
Events volunteers at the Science and Industry Museum help to provide support to the bustling and exciting programme put together by the Contemporary Science Team.
Volunteers are an integral part of the delivery and smooth running of this programme.
There are many different opportunities throughout the ten-day festival which will be based at the Science and Industry Museum. The role is varied and will appeal to a wide range of people from different backgrounds and interest.
This years theme will explore our changing climate, and ideas for a better world.
Get up close to some of sciences most cutting-edge developments in the fight against climate change.
Enjoy fashion, food and sustainable living experiences, and talk to leading scientists and climate campaigners during a series of special events.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide excellent customer service to visitors and offer a warm welcome to the Festival.
- Assist visitors with general enquiries.
- Help staff with the smooth running of the events.
- Assist with crowd management and queueing.
- Engage visitors with daily activities and events.
- Support staff who are delivering events by assisting visitors.
- Opportunities to help in various activities.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
You will definitely …
- Enjoy delivering excellent customer service and have an interest in festivals and events
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Have good time management skills, and be reliable
- Enjoy working with groups of people from different backgrounds.
- Be able to commit to at least 2 full days for the duration of the Festival.
It would be good if you …
- Have an interest in communicating science
- Have experience of large events, or of working with the public
- Have experience of being proactive, and working with minimal supervision
This role is subject to the completion of an induction to the museum and the festival, these will be held in January 2021.
We can cover out of pocket travel expenses during the festival. Details to be provided during induction
To volunteer in this role, you must be 18 or over and eligible to volunteer in the UK. Unfortunately, SMG is unable to act as a sponsor organisation if you do not have the appropriate visa.
This role is subject to a Disclosure Scotland basic criminal record check.