The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has published a new GOV.UK guide: Volunteering during coronavirus (COVID-19) aimed at members of the public who are currently, or are interested in, volunteering during the pandemic. It sets out clearly, in chapters, everything people need to know to be able to volunteer safely.
It includes advice on:
- how restrictions affect volunteering
- travelling safely as a volunteer
- volunteering safely with other people
- finding volunteering opportunities with organisations and groups
- helping others ‘informally’ in your local area
- accessing testing and vaccinations