Funding is available to support projects and activities operating in east and south-east Manchester. Applications are encouraged from all of Eastlands Homes' areas - Openshaw, Beswick, Clayton, Miles Platting, Ardwick, Levenshulme, Longsight, Rusholme and Gorton - but must benefit the local community in order to be considered.
Eastlands Homes is a not-for-profit organisation set up in 2003 that has grown to around 8,000 properties, largely due to two stock transfers from Manchester City Council.
The Community Grant was launched in 2011 to specifically support the work of community groups and organisations operating in the local area.
The fund is available to support small scale community projects that will improve the quality of life for people who live and work in the communities served by Eastlands Homes. Previous successful applications have included equipment for sports teams, funding for community events and trips, gardening clubs and activity workshops, to name a few.
A total annual fund of £9,000 is available and funding is awarded every three months by each of Eastlands Homes' three neighbourhood assemblies, consisting of customers from across all areas of operation. The assemblies therefore have approximately £750 each to allocate to suitable applications in every review. There is no minimum value that can be applied for.
Successful applications must demonstrate that they meet the following criteria:
• Local – the donation must benefit a local community (within Eastlands Homes neighbourhoods) and personal fundraising activities will not normally be considered. The applicant does not need to be a customer of Eastlands Homes.
• Proportionate – Eastlands Homes expect to contribute towards the overall cost of a project or venture rather than pay for it in its entirety. It should never replace costs that may be provided by other statutory funds or grants.
• Publicity – where appropriate, the beneficiary will work with Eastlands Homes to publicise the donation via relevant channels including the Streets Ahead customer newsletter, website and the local media. This may include photography. The Eastlands Homes logo and relevant branding should appear on any relevant literature and websites.
• Values – donations must be compatible with Eastands Homes' business activities and reflect their position in the community.
The following aren’t able to apply:
• Political organisations
• Profit making companies if the donation is to be used as part of a revenue-making scheme.
To apply, visit: www.eastlandshomes.co.uk/communitygrant
For further information, contact: 0161 274 2390.
Application deadlines for the remaining quarterly reviews can be found on their website, here: www.eastlandshomes.co.uk/communitygrant