Do you know any grassroots community groups who could benefit from an Equity grant, or perhaps you have an idea for one of your own?
The grants exist to ensure that grassroots community groups are able to access the resources they need to deliver in their communities.
There are currently three funding streams:
• Equity Green Shoots Fund up to £2,500 - for projects with a clear focus on supporting people in to work and promoting financial inclusion
• Equity Healthy Communities Fund up to£2,500 - grants to support projects and groups whose primary aim is to improve or promote healthy living
• Equity Sponsorship Fund up to £500 - available for community events and activities where there is a clear benefit to local communities or charity
Who can apply?
The Equity Foundation particularly encourage applications from grassroots community groups and so have a preference for organisations with an annual turnover of less than £100,000.
• Registered Social enterprise/Community Interest Companies
• Registered charities
• Constituted and un-constituted community groups.
• The main applicant must be aged 16 or over and the project must have the involvement of at least one other member of the community
• Your project/organisation must have a named bank account
• You must have an equal opportunities statement, a safeguarding vulnerable people statement and a Statement of Purpose or constitution (see application pack), or related policies. Where appropriate, you will be required to carry out CRB checks (the Equity Foundation can help you to do this)
• Projects must take place in, or benefit communities in the Equity Foundation’s areas of operation
• You should demonstrate a clear need or problem in a community and explain how Equity funding could support a solution
The Equity Foundation is part of Equity Housing Group, a social housing provider with a difference.
For further information and to apply, visit: www.equityfoundation.co.uk/receive/, or contact 0161 486 9911.
Deadline: Friday 10 January 2014, 17:00