This fund will help local community organisations provide welcome and support to people arriving from Ukraine.
About the fund:
This fund has been organised by a partnership of Greater Manchester charitable support bodies to help local community organisations provide welcome and support for people who arrive here, working alongside local authorities and those who are offering to accommodate people arriving from Ukraine.
All donations received have been split equally – with 50% going to an Individual Hardship Fund (administered by Europia) and the remaining 50% going towards an Activities Fund for local VCSE organisations that work to make a practical difference within Greater Manchester.
For the Activities Fund VCSE organisations can submit an Expression of Interest of up to £1,000 for work they are undertaking to directly support people arriving from Ukraine within the ten boroughs of Greater Manchester.
What can the Activities Fund grant be used for?
Grants can be used for project staffing costs (direct costs only), volunteering costs, venue hire, project materials, promotion and publicity, refreshments, public liability insurance and any other reasonable project costs.
If you fit some but not all of the criteria, there may still be a possibility of finding you some alternative support – please get in touch; we will be able to connect you to your local infrastructure organisation.
All organisations must:
- Be a constituted voluntary, community or social enterprise (VCSE) sector organisation operating in Greater Manchester
- Have a bank account with 2 unrelated signatories
- Have a track record of supporting Ukrainian people in Greater Manchester
- Use the fund for projects/activities in Greater Manchester which direct benefit Ukrainian people already living in Greater Manchester (these funds cannot be used to send aid overseas)
- Demonstrate that the activity/project is needed
- Have or will have the following policies in place: I. Health and Safety policy II. Equality/Diversity (statement/policy) III. Risk assessments (inc. COVID precautions) IV. Public Liability Insurance (cost can be included in budget) V. Safeguarding Children policy VI. Safeguarding Adults policy (if applicable) VII. Volunteering policy (if applicable)
- Spend the full grant amount by 31 January 2023
- Pledge to provide monitoring information by the 28 February 2023 which will include information on how the grant was used, where, when, the outcomes, your learning, and any feedback or quotes from those benefitting from your work
Deadline for expressions of Interest: 7 November 2022, 12pm