Ambition for Ageing have announced four short briefing sessions that will take place this December on Keeping Marginalised Older People Safe and Well this Winter.
These workshops are for anyone working with minority or marginalised communities, on how to help older people in your community make the right decisions to stay connected and keep moving this winter, while also following Covid-19 guidance correctly.
The Covid-19 guidance can seem confusing to many older people, and there is a risk that decisions to stay safe may impact on older people’s health and wellbeing. Social distancing may risk people staying home more, doing less exercise or avoiding necessary health appointments. Staying warm may put a strain on budgets. Healthy eating advice may not meet the needs of older people in some communities.
In the workshop you will find out how the hands, face, space guidance interacts with up to date advice on how to stay well in winter, including:
- Key messages for older people in Greater Manchester about Keeping active and connected; Staying safe and well; Taking care of money and home
- How these messages work with Covid-19 guidance and restrictions
- How to make these messages work for older people in your community
- What support is available from community hubs and agencies
The sessions are taking place on:
- 2 December, 10.30am - 11.30am
- 3 December, 1.30pm - 2.30pm
- 9 December, 1.30pm - 2.30pm
- 10 December, 12pm - 1pm
For more information and to register click here