The Big Life Group are excited to announce the launch of the Manchester Social Prescribing Development Fund.
The aim of the fund is to support new and established groups and organisations to build capacity and deliver projects to support social prescribing to people over the age of 18. The fund will support people in improving or help with managing their health and wellbeing.
Applications must demonstrate how they meet one or more of the following aims of the fund:
- Enabling – working with community groups to quickly and easily scale up provision that is overused
- Responding to opportunities and gaps identified within our communities
- Connecting – reaching community groups not yet involved in the provision of support to clients of social prescribing services
- Targeting specific communities or communities of interest
- Building – adding value and strengthening a local infrastructure
There are 4 levels of grant funding:
- Micro grants (up to £1,000)
- Medium grants (between £1,000 and £5,000)
- Large grants (between £5,000 and £10,000)
- Exceptional grants (over £10,000)
Applications for the Micro grants fund are now open. The Medium, Large and Exceptional grant funds will open later in January 2021.