The fund aims to support projects which prevent, reuse, or recycle household waste, and also reduce contamination, promote sustainable use of waste and resources, and generate wider social benefits for the communities of Greater Manchester. Recycle for Greater Manchester want to encourage and support innovative projects that are novel and involve a new and untried approach to tackling an issue in the key waste areas. Your project will need to focus on at least one of these areas.
- Waste prevention
- Increasing recycling
- Reuse of household waste
- Reducing contamination
Your project will need to focus on one or more of these priority waste streams:
- Food waste
- Paper and card
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
How much funding will be available?
A total of £220,000 in total this year. There are two funding awards available:
- Council level award: This award is for projects that will benefit individual council areas within Greater Manchester – Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, and Trafford (this excludes Wigan as they operate separate waste arrangements). A total of £180,000 of funding is available, maximum amount £10,000 per project.
- Greater Manchester level award: This award is for projects that cover more than 1 council area or all 9 councils (excluding Wigan). A total of £40,000 of funding is available, maximum amount £20,000 per project.
Applications are welcome from Community and Voluntary Sector organisations such as:
- Registered Charity (charity number must be provided)
- Not-for-profit organisation (defined as a registered legal entity that does not make a private profit for directors, members, or shareholders)
- Community, Neighbourhood or Voluntary Group
- Faith group delivering community work
- School, College or University
Applying organisations must be based in one or more of the following 9 Greater Manchester council areas; Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, and Trafford (excluding Wigan).
For more information and to apply click here
Deadline: 31 May 2021