The Royal Brewery Fund’s priority is to encourage and support grass-root community activity. This means small, community-based and locally controlled groups that manage themselves, encourage active participation from volunteers, have minimal cash reserves and limited access to funding support.
Applications are invited from community groups based in the Moss Side and Hulme areas that wish to improve circumstances for people within these communities.
The fund does not support larger, more sophisticated organisations that have a track record of attracting funding, particularly when such groups have a turnover of more than £150,000 a year.
The maximum award is £2,000
Priority is given to projects that:
• Are run by local volunteers who wish to improve the circumstances of individuals and communities in economically/socially excluded and/or deprived areas of Greater Manchester
• Do not have access to a professional fundraiser and experience difficulty in attracting funding from other sources
• Encourage involvement of local residents in improving, designing, identifying and implementing community activities
• Promote voluntary participation and social inclusion as well as community involvement and self-help
• Meet and demonstrate an emerging or immediate need and serve to build the community’s awareness
• Do not duplicate an existing provision or service
• Encourage health, well being, self esteem and self confidence especially through education, training and/or physical activity
• Encourage community pride, strengthen networks or bring different parts of the community together
The Fund will be used solely to support registered charities and constituted community projects working in the following fields:
• Arts, music and culture
• Social inclusion
• Social, economic regeneration
• Local community
Forever Manchester administers the Royal Brewery Fund on behalf of Heineken Royal Brewery.
For further information and to apply, contact 0161 214 0940, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 15 November 2013