The Big Life group are supporting the Manchester Integrated Care Partnership with the Manchester Social Prescribing Development Fund and are currently accepting expressions of interest for funding up to £3,000.
What is this fund?
The Manchester Social Prescribing Development Fund is funded by the Manchester Integrated Care Partnership in partnership with Manchester City Council and is administered by the Big Life group. The fund aims to support new and established groups and organisations to build capacity and deliver projects to support a social prescribing offer to Manchester residents over the age of 16 and upwards. The fund will support clients in reducing social isolation, improving or help with managing their health and wellbeing.
What funding is available?
You can apply for up to £3,000 of funding for your project. Use of the funding is restricted and is awarded to groups and organisations that can fill the gaps in current social prescribing provision.
How to apply
Contact the Social Prescribing Development Fund Grants Officer, at [email protected] to express your interest in the funding. If your project meets an identified need, you will be invited to meet with a Grants Officer to discuss your project in more detail. The Grants Officer will outline the next steps, timescales and discuss expected monitoring of outcomes. If you wish to proceed, you will be invited to complete an application form.
Those invited to apply will need to demonstrate how they meet one or more of the following aims of the fund:
- Enabling – working with community groups to quickly and easily scale up provision that is overused
- Responding to opportunities and gaps identified within our communities
- Connecting – reaching community groups not yet involved in the provision of support to clients of social prescribing services
- Targeting specific communities or communities of interest
- Building – adding value and strengthening a local infrastructure