Theatres run by charities and not-for-profit organisations throughout the United Kingdom can apply for funding to support small capital projects that will enable them to remain viable and thrive in the future.
Grants of up to £5,000 are available for theatres run by charities and not-for-profit organisations to support small capital projects that will make a big impact on a theatre’s resilience, sustainability, or accessibility, including work to make theatres COVID-secure and ready to reopen. The Theatres Trust’s Small Grants programme will support essential works to not-for-profit theatres across the UK that will enable them to be viable and thrive in the future.
Funding will support small capital works, including:
- Improvements and repairs to the building fabric
- The installation of key plant and machinery
- Works or which make theatre buildings digital-ready
- The purchase of key equipment (not software) to improve digital infrastructure
- Projects that help to make theatres Covid-secure for reopening
Priority will be given to improvements to buildings that protect theatre use and remove barriers to participation and attendance.
Deadline: 3 May 2022, 12pm