Are you a young person in Greater Manchester? Do you have a passion for social change and do you want to influence the decision-making process in the city-region? If so, applications to join the Greater Manchester Youth Combined Authority (GMYCA) are now open and youth organisations are encouraged to apply!
In its first three years, GMYCA members have provided a powerful and influential voice for young people across the city-region, contributing to the development of policies, strategies and decisions on a number of issues.
Its purpose is to:
- Advise the Mayor and GMCA on key issues and concerns of young people, and provide solutions
- Provide a critical voice and scrutinise the work of the Mayor and GMCA
- Undertake specific pieces of work (previous examples include developing a free bus travel card for young people named Our Pass, and contributing youth voices to the Greater Manchester’s annual Climate Change Summits)
Who can apply?
- Organisations that work with young people aged between 11 and 19 (or up to 25 for those with additional needs)
- Who represent a diverse range of identities and backgrounds
- Work within Greater Manchester
Member organisations serve a two-year term which will begin in April 2022 through to March 2024.
Meetings are held monthly, on the second Thursday of every month.
Deadline: 21 January 2022, 5pm