Manchester has been heading strongly towards a 2025 target to become an even more talented, fair, buzzing, great-to-live-in, connected place.
Manchester had come so far because the vision Manchester City Council were aiming for belongs to thousands of Mancunians who agreed the kind of Manchester it should become by 2025.
Even before COVID-19 set the city back, Manchester City Council knew that the growing success was not reaching some of the people and communities they need to reach.
Not enough of the most disadvantaged people and communities are yet sharing enough of the city’s economic wealth, better-paid jobs, improving education and training, or the wider choice of housing options.
The basics needed for every resident to have a better life haven’t changed.
Manchester still needs to be:
- Thriving – creating great jobs and healthy businesses that Manchester people benefit from
- Filled with talent – home-grown in all local communities as well as the world’s best
- Fair – with equal chances for everyone to unlock their potential, no matter where in the city they were born or where they live
- A great place to live – with loads to do, leading the way to a low-carbon future that creates new opportunities for residents
- Buzzing with connections – world-class transport and brilliant broadband that put all Mancunians in touch with chances to get ahead
The challenge to now include everyone in this successful future is bigger than ever. Manchester City Council have seen, through the coronavirus spring of 2020, what coming together in new ways and doing things differently can achieve.
Help to reset Manchester’s ambition to be the place where everyone can be everything they want to be. Take the survey, tell Manchester City Council your priorities, share your ideas, and let them know how you can play your part in moving Our Manchester forward.
Complete the survey here