Grants of £1,000 - £5,000 to fund small BAME led VCSE organisations to respond to the needs of their communities during the Covid-19 pandemic. Activities must be expected to end by 30 September 2021.
These grants can fund a number of different things:
- Services and activities that support the health and wellbeing of members of vulnerable BAME communities in Greater Manchester
- Foodbanks and projects working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic
- Organisations that have been specifically established to respond to the crisis
- Volunteer costs for new and existing organisations responding to the effect of the crisis
- Additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
- Support for organisations that provide support for vulnerable groups within BAME communities to counter the loss of income and fundraising which can be directly linked to the Covid-19 pandemic
Who can apply
- For constituted Voluntary, Community or Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations operating in Greater Manchester for the benefit of Greater Manchester residents. Applications from CIC’s will be accepted if they have a minimum of three directors, a membership and an asset lock with a specified organisation named. Applications from Companies limited by guarantee will need a minimum of three directors, and within their Articles of Association a statement about their purpose and social impact, a not for profit clause, a director remuneration clause as well as a clause stating that assets will be distributed to another not-for-profit organisation fulfilling similar objects if they dissolve.
- VCSE organisations that exist primarily to serve the BAME community, or a section of that community, with decision making led by members of that community
- Must have a bank account requiring two signatures in the name of your organisation
- Your organisation`s income must not be more than £50,000 in your most recent full financial year
- Organisations must have appropriate safeguarding policies and procedures in place before funding is released
For more information and to apply click here
Deadline: 26 February 2021, 4pm