Grants of up to £13,500 are available to organisations in the North West who are running community projects that enable people to take that step further towards employment.
ESF Community Learning Grants not only fund the projects but also help to build the skills and capacity of the organisations that are running the projects, to ensure that the good work they are doing can continue well into the future. This could be just the programme to help your organisation make the social impact in your community that it needs.
The grants can support a wide range of activities including:
• Initial help with basic skills
• Taster work experience, including voluntary work
• Training, advice and counseling
• Job search assistance
• Confidence building and personal development
• Support to individuals to overcome barriers to learning or employment
• People with disabilities or health conditions (including those with learning difficulties, mental health issues or drug and alcohol dependency problems)
• People aged 50 or over and seeking employment
• People from ethnic minorities
• Lone parents
Round 5: opens on Friday 31 January 2014 and closes on Monday 31 March 2014
Round 6: opens on Monday 26 May 2014 and closes on Monday 7 July 2014
Round 7 (Final Round): opens on Monday 1 September 2014 and closes on Monday 27 October 2014
For further information and to apply, visit: http://nw.wea.org.uk/esf-community-grants/about-esf-grants or email: ESFgrants@wea.org.uk.