Be part of the historic response to COVID-19...
Macc and Volunteer Centre Manchester are supporting Manchester Health and Care Commissioning (MHCC) with its recruitment to support Manchester's COVID-19 vaccination programme at community-based sites across the city.
How to get involved
At present, the majority of vaccination sites urgently need *Volunteer Marshals to safely direct patients on site when they; arrive, receive their vaccination and exit, along with supporting car park traffic and handing out PPE and information.
To express your interest in supporting at the vaccine sites, please visit the volunteer recruitment microsite at:
Here you can choose where you would like to support from locations across the City of Manchester. Your details will be passed on to the team in charge, and they will contact you if they require your help.
If you require any further information about this role, please contact the MHCC Engagement Team by telephone on 0161 213 1756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other things you need to know
- Vaccination Sites are open 7 days a week
- Volunteers are asked to share their availability, and commit to shifts or sessions that ensure adequate coverage of vaccination sites
- Most shifts or sessions are split into morning (8:00 am - 12:30 pm) and afternoon / early evening (12:00 pm - 5:30 pm); and evenings (after 6:00 pm) at some sites
- All necessary health and safety precautions and resources are in place for everybody supporting and visiting vaccination sites (risk assessment, PPE etc.)
- Relevant training and onsite briefing is provided to all volunteers before, during and after their shift or session
- Expenses for travel and subsistence (food, drink etc.) are provided to all volunteers
Groups and Organisations
If your group or organisation needs support or is recruiting volunteers at this time, please refer to our pages on Covid-19 - Support for voluntary sector organisations.
You can also sign-up to join the volunteer centre's Covid-19 Community Volunteer mailing list and keep up-to-date with current volunteering opportunities in the City of Manchester HERE.