The Capacity Building Team provides group development support to build the capacity and sustainability of local voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations which benefit Manchester residents. This is available through bespoke, one-to-one support and our training and we co-ordinate a training calendar of other, relevant training opportunities from across the city.
Information and support is available through our dedicated telephone information service 0333 321 3021 and on this website.
Examples of how we can support you:
- Choosing the right structure for your group
- Finding and applying for funding
- Developing a business plan
- Community Asset Transfer
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of a Committee / Board member
- Telephone Information Service (open from 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday): 0333 321 3021
- Website offering resources on starting a group, governance, funding factsheets, managing / taking on a building, policy templates and much more
- Weekly ebulletin with news and updates
- Quarterly Newsletter
We support groups to identify training needs and through a co-ordinated approach signpost you to suitable training opportunities.
Refer a group for support
If you would like to make a request for support on behalf of a group you can complete a referral form. Please give as much detail as possible
Accessing specialist support via our Organisational Development Service
Once a group has contacted us we will determine what support we can offer. In some circumstances the support we offer will include support from an external supplier with particular expertise and knowledge. Click here for a guide on how this works
Manchester Community Central aims to provide a high standard of service to all the agencies, groups and individuals with whom we work. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the service you have received from us, we would encourage you to let us know in order that we can learn and improve. Click here to read our complaints procedure