Breakthrough UK greatly value the energy, time, commitment and talents of their skilled Board of Trustees, who make it possible for them to achieve their aims. In return Trusteeship provides a hugely rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. This is a voluntary role, reasonable travel expenses and access requirements will be met.
Breakthrough UK trustees are:
- enthusiastic and have an interest in promoting the independence of disabled people
- willing to take an active role in the strategic direction and sustainability of the organisation
- able to attend Board meetings, held in Manchester (currently remotely via Zoom), 4 times a year
Breakthrough UK are seeking individuals with particular skills and experience in the following areas:
- Disabled People (lived experience)
- Social Enterprise
- Education and training governance
- Personal Budgets (Health or Direct Payments)
Along with your fellow Trustees you will help to ensure that the Board maintains its current high levels of governance, scrutiny and compliance with statutory duties, as well as ensuring that we continue to meet our charitable aims and objectives. You will also help to maintain the profile and reputation as a leading local, regional and national disabled people’s organisation. A full induction will be provided.
Breakthrough UK aim to complete the recruitment process in time for candidates to be nominated for membership of the Board at its meeting 7 December 2020 or at the very latest 1 March 2021.
Expressions of interest should be submitted in the form of a Personal Statement outlining the motivations for your interest in the role and the particular skills and attributes that you will bring to the Board to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role before you apply contact CEO Michele Scattergood for an informal discussion on 0161 234 3950 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 23 November 2020