UpRising are currently accepting applications for Fastlaners, a free online employability skills programme for 18-24 year olds. The next programme will run from 1-26 February 2021, with an additional 12 months of mentoring support.
The programme will feature a range of employability and personal development workshops interspersed with opportunities to develop your networks and learn about life working in a number of different sectors. The programme is designed to support you to develop the soft skills relevant to securing meaningful employment.
What does the programme involve?
The programme will run for 4 weeks, during which time you will participate in a number of different workshops and opportunities. Participants will also receive 1-2-1 employment support for 12 months, through a mentor.
All sessions will be held live online via Zoom or accessed in your own time via Google Classroom.
Sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Employer Q&A panels – so you can speak directly to those in the roles you want
- Personal Branding – how do you stand out from the crowd?
- Networking skills – how do you meet the people who will give you a job?
- Interview skills and mock interview practice with a professional
- Update, strengthen and tailor your CV for a competitive market
Who is eligible?
The programme is open to 18-24 year olds from the Greater Manchester area who are unemployed or facing redundancy.
How to apply
- Complete the short application form
- A member of the UpRising team will be in touch with more details and invite you to an online information events
For more information click here